Explain five ways through which a lease might be terminated
- Effluxion of time – This is where the lease period expires.
- By notice – The lease sometimes gives the tenant and the landlord the right to terminate the lease before the end of the contractual period.
- By surrender – The lessee gives back possession to the lessor.
- Forfeiture – The lessor has the right of forfeiture of the lease if the lessee breaks any express condition of the lease.
- Frustration –A lease is frustrated if any material part of the property is wholly destroyed or substantially destroyed and becomes permanently unfit for the purpose
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)